Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Almost guilty

They say never judge a book by its cover.

I've never heard anyone say never judge a film by its title, but often people do. In fact my wife does it all the time and it bugs me.

Anyway, I hold my hands up and say I was almost guilty of the same crime.

I had a chance to watch a film called 'The Astronaut Farmer'. "What a silly title" I thought. Probably some comedy about some guy trying to grow stuff on the moon.

Then I looked it up on the internet and found it wasn't such a film. I decided to watch it and really, really enjoyed it.

I thought the ending was rushed and a bit, and I guess the director did too as they tried to fill things in during the credits, but still could have been done better, however as a 'middle of the road' film I can't find much else wrong with it.

8 out of 10.

Later

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter)

0 comment(s):