Monday, September 18, 2006

It just isn't working!

The Sc-Fi horror outline seems to have hit the buffers at 60% complete :(

I've got the story with a beginning, middle and end, but I can't seem to give the characters anything. However I think of it panning out they just seem to be there to be part of the action. I can't find any depth to them. Perhaps it is time to put this one down and give it some time at the bottom of the pile. I may be able to fix it when I come back to it.

The good news is my other horror idea has gained some good depth. I've had this one in my head for about 8 or 9 months (I think, I'll have to check back in the blog archives to be sure), but couldn't find a way for the one survivor to defeat the evil nasty. Now I have and in the process it has allowed me to add some "shit that was close!" scary moments. Can't wait to write FADE IN: on this one, but I'm determined to get the next draft of Good Guys finished first. I've just got to find the time, which links nicely onto my next point:

Just when I thought I had a break coming in my reading calendar, more scripts land in my inbox. Oh well, I'm not complaining as it is all about educating myself in the art that is writing script notes.

0 comment(s):