Sunday, December 21, 2008

Help me, I need irony!

Okay, forget the "dark conflict driven" screenplay I talked about in my last post. Before I could start I stumbled across and old script in my rather large 'act one pile' (we all have those right?).

Anyway, the short version is I've taken it into the midpoint of act two and *BLAM!!!* writers block.

Now the help part:

I need as many ironies, or ironic situations as you can come up with for a hit man. Anything, no matter how absurd.

Please, please, pretty please with sugar on top.

Thanks in advance

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter)

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

hitman realizes he is a target himself

hitman falls in love with his target (heterosexual or twist it and homosexual?)

hitman wants out so he hires his protege to take him out

Hitman Inc, innocent guy gets indoctrinated and trained into a well-run hitman for hire orgaanization

Mosher said...

Like rain on your wedding day?

No, wait. That's a line from a bloody awful song.

Anonymous said...

He is the 'hit'. He's being paid to do himself.

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

@The Moviequill: The first one's a given and I've also got the third in there. I really like the falling in love approach, so obvious I walked right past it. Thank you my friend.

@Mosh: Not that awful, but I'll try and work it in there so you're not left out.

@Anonymous: Now that one I really like, but it's going to take some hard thinking to work into the script. It may be worth the effort though.

Why am I using the @ symbol? I use twitter too much.

Thanks again

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter)