Tuesday, February 22, 2005

By the time I'm 35?

I remember when I was 25 years old. That was about the time I started to say that I would have my own business by the time I was 35.

Well today I am 31 years 1 month and 1 day old, give or take a few hours, and I am on a shit salary (for my experience and capability). If it was me paying that salary to myself then I would not care, but unfortunately I am still working for someone else.

I had a chat the other week about this with a friend and he said he had similar ambitions. He is a company director, which is a million times closer to having his own company than me, but he is still working for someone else.

Therefore a plan! He said he has been up in front of venture capitalists many times (and had success) for the company he works for, so we are going to bash heads and see if we can come up with something. We may not, but we have had some common ideas, so at least that is a foundation.

Maybe my goal can still be reached. I guess it's all about my mindset. If I never try or never think about it, then it will never happen.

0 comment(s):