Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm breaking the rules!

AND I LOVE IT!

I'm breaking all the spec script rules. I'm numbering scenes, writing CUT TO, specifying close up shots, zoom and all of that. I'm even writing things like "We see" and "beat".

I feel reborn!

Why should I get away with all of this crap? Because I'm writing my very first shooting script. I admit that it is for one of my own videos, but us writer/directors can make the rules up as we go along you know ;)

I hope to start shooting this Saturday and edit during the week. I'll let you see the result when it is done.

Later
C

5 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Did you have to come up with a specific "Credits" scene at the beginning or are you just layering in them overtop your script's opening as is?

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

If you are talking about the stop motion movie, then I didn't have to put anything there. The opening credits were a way to say "go easy one me, this is my first attempt". They were layered over the movie.

The end credits were tagged onto the end rather than layered.

Jason Arnopp said...

Ahhhh, all that rule-dodging must feel damn fine, sir. Good luck with the shoot!

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

I've started the shoot, and I'll pass on some advice I've heard before:

"Never work with children"

But they're great for blooper reels:)

thanida said...

The first thing to visit this blog is useful information and add our insight and knowledge for us all thank you admin.bk8