Monday, June 25, 2007

Not a good start.

So here I am off to London and I have to say things have not gotten off to a good start.

First the train was cancelled so I had to wait for the next one. No so bad but read on; it get’s worse.

We are stuck in Retford, because of the weather and flooding; the train guard is currently announcing that they are waiting permission to go into the flooded area (do trains float?).

I am sharing this tiny bit of internet bandwidth with 7 other people I can see and probably a ton more, but it’s internet on the train so I shouldn’t complain (Hey! I can rhyme!).

And to top it all the train is leaking and people are getting wet! I quickly had to move the laptop before it went “pop fizzle”.

And for some reason GNER (the train company) are directing me onto the internet via a proxy server in Germany, so all of those helpful websites out there (Blogger included) are displaying their menus, buttons and other non-user generated text in German. I could struggle along in French, but German is totally foreign to me.

Well it looks like we may be here for a while so I guess I’ll fire up Movie Magic.

Later

C

2 comment(s):

Sal said...

How was the London trip? While you were stuck on a train in the floods, we were missing a flight to Italy. Hope you got to your destination - we did, eventually. Hope you had a god trip anyway

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

In the end it took six and a half hours to do a 2 and a half journey.

Two of the trains we were on where cancelled and I had to stand for two of them.

Better luck next time I think :)