Sunday, July 08, 2007

Dry Spell

I have no idea why, but I have no motivation to write at the moment.

When in London I found other things to do and haven't put finger to keyboard on a script since. I have said before that blogging comes in seasons, so perhaps writing is the same. It could be the weather because let's face it; when it is raining outside and has been for days, it can be difficult to find inspiration.

Anyway, things will pick up soon (my glass is half full) :)

5 comment(s):

Gareth Michael Turpie said...

Stick with it Chris!

Take a look at the RED PLANET 10 page script comp (see website or Danny Stack or Lucy's blogs) I'm sure that will bring the creative juices back in flow!

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

My muse will come back.

I have dry spells like this about once a year and it only takes a really deep and meaningful scene in some random film to get things moving.

Jason Arnopp said...

I quite like it when it rains outside as you type away. After all, it means that there are less options for other things to do. Strolls are right out... :)

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

Yes, but that makes you feel like doing things that normally wouldn't even make it on your list; like hoovering the carpet, or washing the dishes (when you have a dishwasher) :)

Michael said...

I sometimes have the same problem, you know what you want to do, how you want to do it, but the motivation is totally lacking. If you force yourself, it comes out poorly to boot. Just stick with it, inspiration comes from the strangest places.

You know... you're on a crowded trian on the way home, peopel are sandwiched in with barely any room to breathe. You're holding onto the handrail through the leanings when at the next stop a dozen more people try to squeeze in, and somehow, a sign your luck must be turning around, a beautiful woman is pressed against you. You turn to her, your eyes meet, she takes a breath in... and sneezes all over your face.

True story.