Thursday, July 26, 2007

Walking 1000 miles

Hi all,

Sorry, yet another non writing post but an important one all the same. Please read on.

I have a friend who had been travelling around the world with a rucksack and a laptop. He is about to finish his adventure and rather than just jumping on a plane to come back home he has decided to walk it (approx 1000 miles) from Monaco to Newcastle all for charity.

The charity is The Blue Dragon Children's Foundation www.bdcf.org which takes care of street kids and children with no other chance in life in Vietnam.

The blog for his charity walk is http://www.iwouldwalk1000miles.me.uk/.

Sponsor, donate or just support by giving the walk some publicity on your blog or in your workplace. He is a genuine guy and I personally vouch for him and that this is for real.

Thanks for reading

Chris (ukscriptwriter)

3 comment(s):

Mosher said...

Cheers, Chris. See you in 2 months if my legs haven't sunken into my chest...

Sal said...

Chris, are you having a go at Spark?

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

Thanks Iain, come and visit anytime.

Sal - I wasn't going to however I looked at a press release and saw:

"We are also encouraging applications from new and emerging writers with demonstrable commitment and a passionate desire to develop a screenwriting career."

Now that *should* be me. It has actually made me sit up and realise how lax I've been of late.

The deadline is August 15 and although I have nothing ready to enter, perhaps I should slap my Muse around a little and get somthing ready.

Thanks Sal; I knew all a needed was the right type of prod :)

Not saying I'll manage to enter but at least my writing morale is back up there.