Thursday, September 30, 2004

Oh My God!

I’ve just had the most profound screenwriting moment. I was sitting in my car penning away on 3500 Miles from New York, with a CD on in the car stereo. Then the last pages of the screenplay came to me. I’ve always known how it will end but like a punch in the face I knew exactly what to write. I’m only about 20 to 25 pages in but I had to jump to the end and write that then and there.

As I started to write a song came on the CD that went perfectly with what I was writing. I closed my eyes, listened to the song, and imagined a montage of scenes. It brought a tear to my eye! And I can’t ever remember crying at a film.

I know that if my screenplay ever gets picked up, I’ll probably never have any input like what music to use but, my God, it’s an emotional last few scenes and that music was the perfect icing on the cake.

Oh well, now I know if I ever get the chance, I’ll have to make this thing myself. I think I may have just gotten too attached to what the finished product may look like, but every screenwriter must fall into that trap.

I just hope I can keep the rest of the screenplay as good as the ending.

0 comment(s):