Saturday, February 17, 2007

Final Draft Demo

As promised I’ve downloaded the demo of Final Draft 7 and am writing my newest screenplay with it (see ‘Only in Dreams’ in the progress section on the right).

I won’t compare it with Movie Magic Screenwriter just yet, but there are some things it does better than MMS and some things it doesn’t.

I’ll post more later.

C

3 comment(s):

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

I've just found out the demo version of FD will only save scripts below 15 pages in length. I'll have to write this one in installments, although I won't hold that against it ;)

Anonymous said...

I will be following your reviews now that you threw Sophocles into the mix. I am using FD 6 and almost switched to MM because of the sudden anti-FD hype and wave of people changing... would love to know what you see as the differences between them

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

The Sophocles (you know, I have no idea how to pronounce that) beta I am testing is the full production orientated version, so I'm not sure how much of that functionality I'll get into (but I'll try to have a play).