Sunday, February 11, 2007

What on earth is MySpace?

I know I said I’m ill but before I went to bed I had a random click around MySpace.

I do have my own page there (click here to take a look) and it would seem I’m a bit of a Billy-no-mates as I have only 3 friends. To make it worse you get one of those for free when you join. Since I signed up I have yet to define what MySpace is.

On one hand it seems like a world wide competition to get yourself more ‘MySpace friends’ than anyone else. I’ve had more people requesting to be my friend than I’ve had hot dinners. No reason offered and when I view their profile I have nothing in common with them at all. It just seems like they need to have more virtual friends than the next person.

One the other hand… well I can’t think of anything, apart from 75% of the profiles have been modified so badly it is impossible to read them.

It seems to offer you a blog, but there are much better blog offerings out there. You can upload pictures (again, countless better places out there) and videos (youtube?). The fact that all of these are in one place is let down by the fact they are so inferior.

Perhaps it is just a fad - just like this whole interwebnet thing ;)

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

It's amazing. Lame, but amazing. Lamazing.

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

I like your play on words. I wouldn't go as far as 'amazing', but I can't think of anything better to put with lame so:

Lamazing it is :)

Anonymous said...

I have been propositioned by 47 women, 11 girls of dubious age, 6 men, 2 farm animals and some kook from the third ring of Saturn...

Chris Parr (ukscriptwriter) said...

MQ - Now there has to be a screenplay lurking around in some of those contacts (comedy perhaps?) :)