Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A new hope

Nothing to do with Star Wars.

Danny Stack has already blogged about this guy, but I'm going to jump onto this band wagon.

James Moran has been blogging for a few years now. I've read the archives and I must say I have been given an extra boost of motivation.

Life is hard for a spec monkey, even harder for one not living in LA, and even harder again for one outside of the USA. James's blog chronicles the struggle of someone with a spec script, a TV script and a day job, who want to make it as a screenwriter. Sound familiar? Like you and I perhaps? Well this guy went out and sold that spec script! The film is out in 2006.

Now, sod waiting until I've moved house for the second draft, I'm motivated I am. I have some beer, my script notes, a red pen, and my first draft. Time to get stuck in.

I could go on telling you about his blog, but why don't you head on over there and read for yourself.

HEY! WAIT! After you have read mine that is ;)

0 comment(s):