Friday, September 09, 2005

Act one to act two transition

I'm at that wobbly point in a script when I'm transiting from act one to act two.

I've already had a few attempts at it and I'm still not happy with the results. Bang goes my plan to simply get it all down on paper in one attempt, and worry about stuff like this later. Oh well, I'm full of good intentions ;)

My problem is that the unresolved thread I'm leaving dangling for acts two and three, doesn't seem juicy enough. Either that or I haven't got the right number of minor threads. Either way, writing this full steam right through to the end would produce something short of mediocre that would require more than major surgery to fix, so I thought I'd better get this sorted out now.

All that aside I still think it's still my best idea to date. I've also came up with an idea for a short that I could do myself with a digital video camera or two plus about three actors. When I have my current screenplay complete in draft one format I may sniff around the local area looking for people to team up with to get the short made. I doubt there will be any value in doing that, but at least I'll be able to say I've had something produced, even if I did do it myself :P

0 comment(s):