Monday, September 26, 2005

The Phone Call

Ok, I've polished up the phone call scene. I know the formatting is going to go to hell when I paste it here, so please forgive that.

Comments on the structure???

----------------------------------------------------------------

INT. SURVEILLANCE VAN -- CONTINUOUS

Agents Mathews and Jones sit at a workstation in the cramped van going over a printout, when a mobile phone rings.

AGENT MATHEWS
Pass me my phone will you.

Jones reaches over for it and passes it over. Mathews presses a button to take the call.

AGENT MATHEWS
Mathews here.

INT. MARK'S APARTMENT -- CONTINUOUS

OWEN
Hey asshole!

INT. SURVEILLANCE VAN -- CONTINUOUS

AGENT MATHEWS
Who is this?

OWEN (O.S.)
This is Owen.

Mathews gives Jones a nod and mouths the words "the deli". Jones returns an understanding smile.

AGENT MATHEWS
Owen who?

INT. MARK'S APARTMENT -- CONTINUOUS

OWEN
You know fine well who the hell I am.

AGENT MATHEWS (O.S.)
Ok, what can I do for you?

OWEN
What the hell are you playing at?

AGENT MATHEWS (O.S).
What do you mean?

OWEN
Cut the crap, you know exactly what I mean. You contacted our insurance company and told them about the whole situation.

INT. SURVEILLANCE VAN -- CONTINUOUS

AGENT MATHEWS
I contacted no one. I was outside the deli when the insurance inspector showed up. We chatted, I told him who I was, and it must have just slipped out.

OWEN (O.S.)
You total prick! Why would you do that? Now they won't pay out.

AGENT MATHEWS
Now you just listen here, you'd better remember who you are talking to.

INT. MARK'S APARTMENT -- CONTINUOUS

Owen's eyes nearly pop out of his head.

OWEN
Are you serious? You think I should respect you? Why don't you come and see me without that badge, then we'll see if I should respect you or not!

AGENT MATHEWS (O.S.)
Now you just grow up a bit. You've had ample opportunity to talk to me but you didn't take it...

INT. SURVEILLANCE VAN -- CONTINUOUS

AGENT MATHEWS
...I've broken no law, in fact I've stopped you from making a claim when you are in breach of a clause of your insurance. That's insurance fraud buddy!

OWEN (O.S.)
I tell you, if you were in front of me right now...

AGENT MATHEWS
...you'd do what? Listen, you want to talk about the Salvucci's, then we'll try to work something out, but until then...

OWEN (O.S.)
...Dick!

The line goes dead. Mathews looks up at Jones with a grin on his face.

AGENT MATHEWS
Well, that went well. they don't have much of a choice now, they'll have to cooperate.

INT. MARK'S APARTMENT -- CONTINUOUS

Owen turns away from the phone and takes a relaxing deep breath.

0 comment(s):