Wednesday, September 28, 2005

One act three, and then another

Ok, I'm into act three now and it turns out I actually have two of them.

I have the one resolution to the story which the characters achieve, and then when they think everything's fine, it all goes pear shaped and then the second act three comes in.

I know it sounds silly to say I have two act threes, but I've never heard of that classic 'four act structure'. Then again, I've never attended any screenwriting classes, and I put Syd Field down before I slit my wrists (yes I found it dull, dull, dull. You can flame me later). I wouldn't say this is even a twist to a larger act three, there are two distinct acts here.

Saying all of that, I'm not strictly searching for that classic three act solution. I'm just writing my story. We'll see if it is works out when I've typed 'FADE OUT'.

0 comment(s):