Friday, August 19, 2005

Thank Crunchie it's Friday!

That title will probably confuse you if you live outside the UK, but it means the same as TFI Friday! or TGI Friday! etc…

This week I've been mostly writing documents. It's kind of a double edged sword for me. I hate starting work on a project that has already gone arse over tit about halfway through. I'll say "Right! Let's get it sorted. Where are the requirements?" (I've stopped asking for the technical design documentation, that never exists). Usually the answer is "Err… well we have these", or "I'll try to dig out the emails".

So I like documentation. The flip side is that I whilst I understand its value and am willing to write it, the actual process is dull, dull, dull! It seems to suck my will to live, hence the post title.

Please send sympathy.

If you don't work in IT then I apologise for the meaningless post :)

0 comment(s):